Saturday, July 22, 2006

larabar, oh my!


I've never been interested in "energy bars" or any kind of sports-specific food. But I recently went on an 8 day bike tour of Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast and having an extra bit of energy to help me climb those hills was more than essential. So in preparation for my trip, I went into my local health food shop and discovered the delicious bounty of the Lara Bar. Raw food bars with no more than 6 ingredients, these babies taste amazing. I've sampled the "Chocolate Coconut", "Chocolate Mole" and the "Chocolate Mint" --- hmmm, can you see there is definite chocolate pattern here? They taste like little bites of brownies without the guilt. Next, I really want to try their "Cherry Pie" bar. Yum.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kickpleat said...

whoooo! thanks lewis, i just sent you an email :)

4:17 PM  
Blogger The Overworked Barista said...

The Gingersnap is my favorite personally.

I don't know if you have them but Clif Nectar Bar's are relatively close in texture (although a bit sweeter)

8:36 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

barista worker, i've never had a clif bar...but i do love those larabars!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home