Tuesday, October 27, 2009

hello autumn!

This weekend we drove out to a farm in Langley and picked out a pumpkin or two. There were chickens, cows and turkeys and it was so great to be out of doors on such a beautiful day! The leaves were out in full colour and even my orange shoe laces seemed to fit right in. We also managed to buy about 10 pounds of apples: some beautiful sour & juicy Sundance and some tart cooking apples called Bramley Seedlings. I've been making fresh applesauce every morning for my toasted oats & yogurt (+ a hit of maple syrup). Delicious!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Melinda Stanley said...

Apple sauce! Oh how I miss the apple sauce my Mom used to make for me when I was a little girl! :)

I absolutely love the photo! So representative of Autumn!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Your breakfasts always sound so hearty and satisfying...all I usually have is a bowl of muesli or granola with soy or almond milk...an hour later I'm hungry again!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Maija said...

Love this pic, esp the shoelaces! Maybe I'll make it my desktop pic for this week if you don't mind.

9:06 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Melinda, apple sauce is so easy! I like it kinda chunky so I just chop up an apple, throw it in a pot with a bit of water & cinnamon and let it simmer for a bit. Easy!

Thanks Bijoux! I get hungry again too. It's so weird, I always thought oatmeal was supposed to be so filling, but I'm usually hungry after a bit too!

Ah, thanks so much Maija. Please, use it, I'm super flattered :)

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! we went to maple ridge... i got to sink my fingers into gorgeous thick coats of black sheep!

11:05 PM  
Blogger la ninja said...

lovely pic. they totally fit in! :)

I'm a bit of a sucker for feet photos too (I even have a little slide-show going on on my blog, ha!) but this one is particularly gorgeous.

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home