Sunday, November 16, 2008

i'd rather be anywhere but here

It's Sunday night and I actually have work that I should be doing, but instead I'm procrastinating. It's Sunday for goodness sakes! So I'm compiling a list of things I'd rather be doing instead, like visiting the newly redesigned AGO by Frank Gehry in Toronto. I'm also still sick (but getting better!). I voted yesterday in the civic election and voter apathy was well, apathetic. 26% of Vancouver-ites went out to vote. Way to go! The election results were totally based on socio-economic lines as this map points out. The wealthy west-side voted conservative (with the exception of the wealthy old hippies in Kits) and the poor east-side voted in Vision/COPE. Luckily, the east-side won. Way to go East Van!!

Now the rest of my evening should be relegated to work. Or I could just watch The Savages. Hmmm. I think I know the answer to that conundrum!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Pecos Blue said...

That is a cool building.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

voted! FTR, I am not wealthy, even though I live on the West side. And it was nice to vote for the someone who actually wins!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I have not gone to see the new renovations at the AGO. I heard that there were huge, 2-hour line-ups around the block. No thanks. I have plenty of time to check it out. The AGO isn't going anywhere. I guess I would be considered "apathetic" by most (ahem, my husband) about going.

LOL wealthy hippies? Now that is a conundrum :)

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home