Tuesday, December 29, 2009

best books I read this year

I love Good Reads. It's a perfect way for me to not only keep track with what books I've read, but I always get great recommendations on what to read next from friends. Thought I'd just fill you in on some of the best books I read this past year. Obviously, I'm a sucker for Young Adult and memoirs and food. All 5 stars based on my emotional, personal and totally un-scientific ratings scale.


I should also note that the books above are on my night table and I'm almost through with Catching Fire which is the 2nd book in the fantastic Hunger Games series. It's looking like it will make the list as well.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous marisa said...

this is the third time this week i've seen a blog post referencing the hunger games books. i think it's time for me to check them out!

(stumbled on your blog somehow, hello!)

12:02 PM  
Blogger arajane said...

i miss the small joys! i keep coming back here in the hopes of finding a new post, and then get sad to see nothing's changed. i've loved reading about your discoveries and music & movie recommendations and lovely observations. here's to hoping that this little space might be resurrected sometime soon!

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for The Hunger Games series! I teach 8th grade English & so keeping up with young adult literature is part of my job, but EVERY adult I have recommended this book to (or forced it upon) has loved it--even folks who don't like fiction.

can't wait for the third book in the trilogy to come out in a handful of months!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home