Friday, November 10, 2006

i ♥ hotel bars


Last night, Cornelius and I walked downtown for the third installment in our series of hotel bars.

The first was the tiny lounge at the Crown Plaza on Georgia Street. We both loved it and enjoyed 2 reasonably priced drinks and loved the little mix of nuts & other salty snacks. Great service from the friendly female bartender. A great comfortable room.

The second was at the Hotel Vancouver on Georgia Street. The lounge was too open and bright to be called cozy, but the seats were comfortable and there was a man playing piano. The service was very professional but the drinks were a bit pricier than the ones we had at the Crown Plaza. However, I did have the best martini ever. I can't remember the name of it, but it had Absolute Raspberry, Sourpuss Tangerine, freshly squeezed orange juice and cranberry juice. Delicious!

The third installment took place at the Four Seasons Hotel lounge. The room was wood panelled and cozy with a round bar in the centre of the room. While my drink was nice and strong, it was the complimentary nibbles that won me over. Wasabi peas, an assortment of herbed olives and salted nuts. Lovely presentation and everything from the little olive forks to the napkins were Four Seasons branded. But for all that presentation, the drinks were the most expensive that we've tried so far.

Looks like we've got a lot more drinking to do!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds tres elegant!
I do like the idea of having complimentary nibbles and the ones in the photo are very nicely presented.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent!!! I love martinis! You need to visit Ontario ;) LOL

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love hotel bars too! The drink prices can be rather steep, but as you said the nibblies usually make up for it! They are also so elegant, and remind me of travel, even if I am in my own hometown!

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! After reading about your hotel bar 'tour', I thought you might be interested in helping me out in adding restaurants to a list I'm creating re: restaurants that make a (hopefully great) macaroni and cheese. You can read all the info at my blog - http://maggie-muggins.blogspot.com - but the short story is that some friends of mine have started a search for the best mac 'n cheese in Vancouver. I've put together a starting list, but if you or any of your readers know of any others, I would appreciate the info.
thx!
k

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home