Friday, March 30, 2007

the daiso bus


Last night, my friend Mel booked a mini-van from the car co-op and six girls headed out to Richmond to Daiso. To those not familar with Daiso, it's a Japanese store where everything is $2. There are 2 levels of housewares, cosmetics, gardening supplies, and some wacky products like the peach-scented nipple cream I bought a couple of years ago as a joke. I'm always very cautious when shopping there because I don't want to get carried away nor do I want to bring even more junk back home. This shopping trip I did very well and purchased 3 very lovely notebooks, a wooden box for Cornelius (not pictured) and a very cute owl vase. Grand total: $10. Not bad.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I seriously have dreams of Daiso. I really, really wish I could go to one!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a place I would enjoy going to. Too bad there is no Daiso in Toronto. If there was, prices would be jacked up three-fold.

There is a Japanese nik-nak place downtown that has very nicely designed products but is pricey.

It must have taken extreme self-control to only spend $10 in such a fun place.

Love the owl vase.
Owl's are a favourite.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Dang, you BC people have all the fun stuff!

6:17 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithtarget said...

i went to the bellingham daiso last weekend and it was AWESOME! that was my first taste and its my new favourite place...the dishes! swoon!

11:28 AM  
Blogger The Overworked Barista said...

AH! So that's where Daiso is, my friend hannah raved about one of those. I'll have to go when I get back in Van.

6:47 AM  
Blogger LoveDynamite said...

Wow impressive wish I had a store like that near me

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home