Tuesday, March 20, 2007

This American Life on tv


I love This American Life. When I'm on roadtrips through the states, we always listen to NPR and get excited when we're able to catch Ira Glass and the many stories being told. Now with podcasts, hearing the radio program is easier than ever and now there is even a This American Life television show. I was able to catch a quick segment via BoingBoing and it's as awesome as ever. The segment is animated by my favorite graphic novelist, Chris Ware of Acme Novelty Library and it's pretty wonderful. Enjoy.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this resource!

I just caught on to 'This American Life' recently and was just listening to it this past weekend.

I'm not a radio person and so it takes a lot of effort on my part to focus and pay attention to what is being said. On the other hand, it can be good practice for me as I have a short attention span.

I'm curious to see what the on-line show is all about. And animation is so much fun when it's done well.

p.s. are you considering re-installing cable in order to watch this show on a regular basis?

12:35 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

nope, no cable for me joanne! i'm sure i'll find a way to watch all the episodes. the internet is awesome :)

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

right on!

That's what I keep telling folks when they become shocked that I don't watch t.v. or have cable. One day, very soon, it will all be available on the net.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love TAL and hate the fact that our ridiculous dial-up internet won't allow me to watch the new tv show... sob!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home