Saturday, March 17, 2007

personal annual report


Yesterday I received the best mail. Not only was the envelope a stunning work of typography and design, but the contents were amazing.


In January, I had come across a website that mentioned that there was a designer in New York City who would mail out his personal annual report to anyone who asked. I was intrigued and since I love getting mail, I emailed Nicholas Felton if he would be so kind to mail me his report. And yesterday, this beautifully designed booklet of Nicholas' facts from 2006 was set out before me in black, white and yellow. Facts like:
Days on Jury Duty: 5
Plants Killed: 4
Best New Artist: Battles
Airports Visited: 8
Digital VS Analog Photographs: 37:1
Swimming Adventures: 2
Best Movie: The New World
I love it. And it's now available for perusal online.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, the only annual report I ever received was when I worked for the Ministry of the Attorney General.

In fact, when I hear the word 'annual report' I panic. It brings back memories of spending hours poring over my department's annual report trying to make sense of it all. A daunting and mind numbing task, I'm sure you will agree.

Hopefully the annual report you've received provides you with hours of entertainment and inspiration.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cool! Good luck with moving...

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home