Monday, February 19, 2007

new toy


This weekend, I got myself a kitchen scale! Even though we have a pretty sizable kitchen, our counter space is precious so I always put off the notion of needing a scale. But, when I saw this pretty little number at Lee Valley this weekend, I knew that the time for dealing with grams and ounces had finally come. Now, I can whip up the drool-worthy recipes found in my Nigella cookbooks. Feast and How to Be a Domestic Goddess, here I come!

We also purchased a new kitchen garbage bin by Umbra this weekend which is also pretty thrilling for me. Yes, I used thrilling and garbage in the same sentence. Now, if only there was a Container Store in Vancouver so I could purchase this trash bin for our bathroom. Sigh...my dreams have gone to trash.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely kitchen bling!!
And functional too :)

I guess grams and ounces is a British thing??

Question: Do you not find Nigella's approach to cooking to be a bit heavy handed in the butter, cream, eggs and saturated fats category?

Don't get me wrong, her food always looks so delicious.

I guess when you are pushing 30-something-something-something (ahem!...moi)- indigestion and 'lardy' foods go hand in hand.

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing what you create from "Feast."

p.s. Lee Valley is such a cool place to find unexpected items. I especially like the "watchmakers tins" for storing my beads 'n stuff.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update: We use to have "that" trash bin for grocery bags. I think we purchased it from Canadian Tire. Not sure what happened to it - me thinks it was left behind during our move.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Fiber said...

I love that trash can. I actually have one in my bedroom (I found it at Kmart actually) and adore it.
I only wish there was one that had a lid.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home