Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I am so hooked in

Oooh, Blogger is totally giving me the business lately. I'm having troubles signing onto blogs and leaving comments for those who have switched to the new Blogger format! Grrrrr!


But one thing I'm not having problems with...the absence of tv from my life. Cornelius thinks it's funny because tv isn't really gone from my life because I've got loads of tv on dvd from the library (right now I'm watching season one of Lost and last night we finished season one of Entourage) and last night's episode of Veronica Mars is already on my computer. I'm certainly not lacking televised entertainment at all. Also, before I cancelled cable, I picked up a sweet used tuner from Cragslist so that we could finally get radio on our stereo system...so besides listening to This American Life podcasts on my computer, I now can get all the CBC Radio One goodness I need.

Now I just need to set up new RRSP monthly withdrawls in the same amount as my cable bill and I will have completed my New Years resolutions...and it's not even February yet! Hooray!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Six Feet Under", "Strangers with Candy", "The Sopranos", "Battlestar Galactica"...O-o-oh n-o-o-o, I don't have cable :) but I do watch movies and shows from TV-land on DVD rentals...ha ha ha, so, you aren't the only one.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to download specific TV shows from the web onto my computer. I've heard it can be done. So far I keep coming up against a brick wall 'cause I'm not a U.S. citizen...blah...blah.

Hooray for RRSP contributions! Get it all in there before Income Tax time ;D

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeannette- I LOVE "This American Life". I miss it dearly since our dial-up internet won't allow me to listen to it online or download the podcast...hopefully we'll have wireless soon and I can catch up! I introduced my sister to it over Christmas and in exchange she got me hooked on "Entourage". You really need to get your hands on season II.

Joanne- do you have limewire? That's how I used to download TV shows (before I had ridiculous dial-up). I guess it depends on if you're comfortable doing it, since I'm not sure about the legality. That being said, those issues seem to be around downloading free music (and only in the US as far as I know) and not TV, which as you stated is often offered for free to US citizens only, so I've never felt guilty.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home