Wednesday, January 03, 2007

master of shred


This year I've made a few resolutions and one of them is getting rid of cable television. I will truely miss TCM (the only tv station to ever win my heart) and I'll miss the Colbert Report. Luckily, I was able to catch Robert Schneider from the Apples in Stereo perform as an "opening act" to Stephen's guitarmageddon. I used to be a huge Apples fan and remember being so excited seeing them open for Pavement and yelling from the balcony at the Vogue Theater to play my favorite songs from FunTrickNoiseMaker (oooh, was that almost 1o years ago?). What can I say, they're a catchy band that I've seen probably more times live than any other band (well other than local favorites). You can view the super catchy original song with all the fun animations at the You Ain't No Picasso blog, and also download the song as an MP3. Cool.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Apples in Stereo! I have seen them many times. And Dressy Bessy! Thanks!

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, I'll have to admit that I'm clueless to this musician's music.

Congrats! on crossing over to "the other side" and joining me in no-cable land. I'm sure you will experience some withdrawal symptoms at first but you will also find plenty of free time to work on craft projects, cooking n' baking more often and reading more books.

Oh yeah, and spending obsessive amounts of time surfing the web coveting shoes, purses, clothes, jewellery...maybe that's just me :D

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm catching up on all my favourite blogs. I've fallen miserably behind! We don't have cable either but here The Colbert Report is on CTV, as well as The Daily Show. You don't get them in Vancouver? How sad.

9:53 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Serena, sadly we only get 2 channels sans cable: global and cbc. that's it. maybe we'll have to get rabbit ears or something!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home