Sunday, January 07, 2007

tipsy


I am a fan of salt. I choose salty over sweet any day. I've got Salt: A World History on hold at the library, I drink caesars when I go out and in the past I've created my own vodka based "salty dogs". Now I've found the holy grail of sodium-rich olives...may I introduce you to Sable & Rosenfeld's Vermouth "Spiked" Pimento Tipsy Olives. Oh my! These babies are a natural addition to any martini but if you're like me, these olives will have you snacking to no end. I have to limit my olive intake to two olives per day (they are loaded with fat and sodium, after all), but I enjoy those 2 olives immensely! Now if only I could find those citrus gin soaked olives in a store close by...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) :) very funny!

This post just reminded me of my 6-year old niece.

From a toddler, she has had a thing for salty foods. She licks the salt off potato chips but will not eat the chip! She snatches the salt shaker off the kitchen table or counter when nobody is looking and then secretly sprinkles salt into her mouth while sitting under the table...she loves salty feta, briny kalamata olives, anchovies, pickled cocktail onions...ha ha ha...sound familiar?

Tip: Maybe you can make your own version of "citrus gin soaked olives" if you are having a difficult time finding them in stores.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these...have you tried the ones stuffed with pearl onion ones? Same brand/favor, just with onions. They're yummy too.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I was given a bag of salted caramels from Bouche Bakery in L.A. in my blogging by mail package. They were heavenly! Made with just cream, sugar, vanilla seeds and sea salt imported from Brittany. Too bad for me they don't import internationally. Actually, it's probably for the best..... ;)

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those are definitely SNACKING olives! lol

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where do you buy these?

3:54 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

rich, i bought these at the gourmet warehouse on e hastings near clark drive!

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome. cheers!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home