Thursday, April 05, 2007

still unpacking


Since I've lived in Vancouver, I've moved 6 times. The last 5 times, I was able to get everything unpacked, organized and settled within a day or two. However, with this last move, my timing is completely off. We've been here almost 2 weeks and still there are boxes lining the walls in every room. I'm completely off my game! My new apartment still hasn't been transformed into something I recognize as mine. It's not that we've been lazy...really, we haven't! Our current workload is high and we're using every waking hour to finish up projects, begin new ones and we don't see an end in sight. Not that we're complaining, mind you. Work is good. It pays the rent, gets us movitated and keeps us learning....but is it too much to ask for a little break to make our new place really ours? Lucky for me, there is a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow so maybe that will be the kick in the ass we need to get this place into tip-top shape!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you loud and clear. Although I'm not an expert on moving, my husband is and he has it down to a science: alphabetized lists, numerous labels, boxes with content lists taped on them, i.e. kitchen box 1 of 4; 2 of 4; box 2a of 2a,b,c,d, etc, etc. It's maddening.

It might take a while to really begin to feel that your new place is "home". Initially, it may seem daunting and time-consuming. Trying to juggle a career with unpacking boxes is no piece of chocolate cake. Here's to long weekends!

2:11 PM  
Blogger eviedee said...

Good luck! I am still unpacking too. My kitchen is the ONLY room that I have completely organized. My priorities are crystal clear! :)

2:35 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

love the pic!!!!

Well I can relate on the packing/unpacking!!! Good luck dear!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, we moved into our new place 6 months ago and there is still a lingering box or two. Or that might make you feel worse.

11:10 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

thanks guys, it's nice to know that i'm not alone in the moving/unpacking phase! gah, let it end soon!!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home