Wednesday, July 18, 2007

the case of the invisible city


Yikes. This is July!! Oh well. I spent the day testing out my newish Keens and my new REI rain jacket by walking like a crazy lady all over town. No busses or bikes for this lady! No way! I tested life out in the rain and i came back home 4 hours later a happy (and dry) camper. The jacket, which I bought on sale in Portland is perfect and will be coming with me to Europe where i'm certain to encounter a few days of rain.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh how I needed a jacket like that yesterday...
ANd thanks to the title of your post, I now have a Wallflowers song running through my ;D

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a big thunder shower today which lasted practically all day. Not even a massive umbrella kept me dry on my way to work this morning. My gold ballet flats absorbed plenty of rain water and I had a case of prune-toes all day...yuck!

Glad to hear that your smart dressing kept you dry. You'll probably encounter rain in the some of the northern countries of Europe. Had you been going to the south of Europe i.e. the Mediterranean, you would be roasting in 100 degrees Farenheit temperatures with not a droplet of rain for weeks and/or months.

7:40 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

linda, i had no idea that my title was a wallflowers song! funny.

joanne, i'm definitely certain we'll encounter rain and i want to be prepared. i love my new jacket! plus, it comes in handy with all of vancouver's rain!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home