Tuesday, July 17, 2007

sockettes


I love wearing mary janes but I hate wearing socks with them in the summertime. For years, my summer footwear has always benefited from those old-lady style footie socks. They're usually a gross "nude" colour and sometimes have an uncomfortable seam running on the underside. Once I stocked up on some hot pink Banana Republic ones because I figured I didn't mind if a bit of fushia showed up alongside my shoes. But now I've discovered some awesome footie socks that don't show up under my mary janes or whatever girlie shoe I've got one. They're by Secret and they are "Ultra Low Cut" Kushyfoots and man, they aren't doing the peekshow thing on my feet. I got them at the drugstore so they are probably easy enough to find. I love them!! Yay, kushyfoot!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh oh oh...I have the same problem with those nude-coloured slip-on thingies that Grandmas wear...they're just not low cut enough and when I wear my bronze mary jane pumps - I have no choice but to wear them barefoot in the summer or risk looking silly with the granny sockettes peeking through. Eww!

Thanks for the tip on these low cut Kushyfoots...I will give 'em a try.

5:23 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

cool!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since many of my shoes are black, I've taken to wearing the black colored Grandma slip-on thingies, but since my feet are so small they always show. Thanks for the link - I'll be trying these soon!

5:24 AM  
Blogger eviedee said...

My mary janes and I are eternally grateful to you!

5:29 PM  
Blogger S. said...

Hi, I gotta ask where you bought these, because I recently shopped around and found ridiculously un-hidden ones at Payless. And I felt quite hopeless. I live in the Lower Mainland too!

5:50 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

stefanie, i got them at the london drugs downtown! i hope you find some, cuz they're awesome.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

kickpleat -- thank you so much! I wore the regular Peds all summer (that is the brand name of one type in the States), and felt like such a grandma! Even my hubby teased me about them. I am running out to my local drugstore to find these babies!

Thanks!

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home