Friday, June 08, 2007

hutch


After a couple months of looking, we finally purchased a buffet & hutch for our dining room. We had actually spotted it on Craigslist, went out to Coquitlam to view it, but price was $250 (more than we were willing to spend) plus we didn't have a vehicle to carry it back with us. While the owner had offered to drive it over, it just meant that there would be little chance to haggle (and I LOVE a good haggle!). So we let it be. Two weeks later, we received an email from the owner saying he'd knock off a hundred bucks and he'd deliver it the next day. So we snapped it up. I haven't had a chance yet to fill it with my treasures, though I'm definitely getting some inspiration from the blog, Making it Lovely. Behind those sliding wooden doors, however, hides a treasure trove of all our board games. Monopoly? Bohnanza? Ticket to Ride Europe? Scrabble? Boggle? Yahtzee? We've got a ton more too. Lots, lots more. What can I say, we're board game geeks! Now I've got to decide if I want to keep the mirror in the hutch or cover it up with some dramatic wallpaper!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Very nice!
That's a great price for the hutch.
Love playing board games too but I don't have as big a collection as you do...actually I only have Scrabble (heh) so when friends visit, we always get them to bring some games over like Cranium, Scene It, etc.

My unsolicited opinion - re: hutch:

wallpaper

8:24 PM  
Blogger eviedee said...

So rad! I saw a similar hutch on Craigslist Los Angeles but I hemmed and hawed and next thing I knew, it was gone! I was wondering if you would be kind enough to pass along a few Vancouver restaurant recommendations. My husband and I will be driving up there next month and I would love to have some guaranteed dining greats!

9:41 PM  
Blogger eviedee said...

THANK YOU! That was such an amazingly thorough list! I am (if possible) even more excited about our trip now! :)

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home