Wednesday, May 09, 2007

kool aid pickle


I'm totally making these (via the New York Times).

To make a Kool-Aid pickle, remove about half the brine from the pickle jar, dump in some sugar and refill it with your favorite flavour of Kool-Aid. Wait a week and then eat up. Apparently, you should cut the pickles into quarter for maximum soakage or prick each pickle with a fork. Hmmm, cherry or strawberry?

The article was wonderful and makes my urge to visit the South even greater. I loved the idea of "home stores" where local kids just head to someone's home to buy chips, snacks and of course, kool-aid pickles. Awesome.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a couple of "home stores" in my neighbourhood. Yup, in T.O. Kind of a strange notion. Can't wrap my head around the idea of walking into someone's home unannounced to get a chocolate bar. I think it's my Victorian, or rather my Greek upbringing :D

I love bread and butter pickles - the sweet ones, but I'm not sure fruity flavoured pickles is my shtick. I'm willing to try everything once though!

5:11 AM  
Blogger fiftyfinally said...

geez. Not another thing to put on my "to do" list. It's getting long. I still have to get the vodka for the vodka, coffee bean and orange booze thing.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this in the Times and freaked! I love love love dill pickles, but these are scaring me a little.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home