Thursday, April 19, 2007

i'm so green


I'm trying to pick out colours for our place. Originally, I wanted white but in all honesty, I don't think I can live that way. Maybe if we had hardwood floors instead of carpet, white walls could definitely stay...but with apartment beige carpets? White ain't working! We'll be painting our office the same robin's egg blue that we had in our old livingroom. I loved that colour so much that I can't wait to see it in our new work space.

The bedroom colour is tricky. In our last place, we had a very cozy and soothing latte colour but now I'm really thinking that green would be a nice change. Last month Decor8 had some great greens but it seemed they worked best as accessories and furniture colours rather than walls. Here's some great images I've found that could become my colour inspiration. If anyone can suggest a great green, I'm definitely interested. Oh, and I stuck that white kitchen in just because I'm totally digging that pendant lamp! And I also love the pendant lamps in the green kitchen too (maybe more so!).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry J, not too familiar with paint colours. When we moved into our current place the landlord requested that we choose neutral paint colours that she also liked. So there was no opportunity for personalizing our home space. We chose an off-white shade which works well with the hardwood flooring. I really would have prefered a cool sage green though. Like a bowl of refreshing green tea ice-cream. Yum.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is late but i love two greens BIG TIME. the mossy green (do you have anthropologie stores in canada? it was their green for year) that is a bit dark and the color of my living room in brooklyn. it looks grey in this pic: http://flickr.com/photos/jettrocks/104509451/ but it's really green in person.

the other one is a very light green that was the prada store color for a while. spring green. it was in a living room of an old apartment of mine. http://flickr.com/photos/booksmeller/475652713/ i found that pic, it's not mine. not sure if you can tell the color. it's like a light grass green. it's really great and i would that again in a heartbeat.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home