Friday, April 20, 2007

hello sunshine!

Ooh, I've been in love with this warm, sunny weather! It really feels like summer is just around the bend. After a nice lunch on the balcony today and opening all our windows to let in the fresh air, I'm looking forward to outdoor life once again!

This afternoon I finally went to the Sunrise Market...a haven for cheap groceries and fresh produce in Vancouver's Chinatown. It's funny that in the 5 years I've lived in Strathcona, I've never shopped at Sunrise. Today I put an end to that. I was amazed at all the variety and low, low prices. The produce stands are legendary and many Vancouver restaurants do their shopping here and I'm not one bit surprised. So much choice and all at great prices too. They also have a butcher, carry a wide assortment of organic, soy (they are afterall part of Sunrise Tofu), and other gourmet items. Awesome!

* Not my photograph! I nicked it. Sorry. Next time I go I won't forget my camera.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, same here. It's supposed to reach 25 degrees on Sunday. Can you believe that?! Last weekend we had cold, wintery weather and now summer temperatures. What happened to Spring?

On another note, I was in Vancouver 3 years ago and was puttering through China Town one day, picking up some fruit for a long trip to Revelstoke and I found that the prices were so affordable.

China Town is a great place to shop for inexpensive fresh produce. I should go there more often. Now I ask you, what would you rather buy?
1 lemon for .69 cents or, 4 lemons for 1 dollar?

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home