Monday, April 23, 2007

hoosiers


In my Craigslist search for a pantry/hutch, I wasn't finding all that much that really suited my tastes. Tons of ugly, oversized oak monstrosities but no cute, vintage ones that suited my style. That is until I learned of a new search term: Hoosier! Not only is it a nice little movie starring Gene Hackman, it's the cabinet of my dreams. Here are 2 available in Vancouver. Sadly, they are way out of my price range but a girl can dream!

Hey, did you notice that last week I put up all new mp3 tracks? Look to your right and enjoy some new music. Last week I also discovered the most fabulous tracks on Popsheep. RePercusionesI especially. Strange and beautiful.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, thanks, thanks for the tips and leads.

I often search Craig's List for household items too, but it's usually the affordability factor that will determine my interest and follow-up.

Hoosier sounds promising - never heard of it. I'm looking for a patio set that's not plastique.

p.s. did you happen to receive anything in the mail yet?

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

duh...I though "hoosier" was the name of a website for used furniture and such...ahhh, now I understand, it's another term for "hutch." :D :D

10:27 AM  
Blogger The Overworked Barista said...

my friend has a gorgeous pie cooler that you might want to look into. Or at least that's what it's called here I thought.

It's usually a four to five foot tall cupboard that sits on legs with about four movable shelves. The doors are perforated to let the air out. They're pretty sleek.

I live next to amish country though so...not as rare here, but a good one would be between 60 and 80.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home