Tuesday, July 15, 2008

grease be gone!


Two years ago I purchased some Bumble & Bumble colour spray for my hair. I kinda felt pressured to buy it because the hair dresser gave me some huge deal and she really pushed product on me. I gave in and purchased this stupid red powder stuff. Obviously, it was the first and last time I went to that hair dresser.

Anyway, I've very recently started washing my hair every 2 days which is kind of a big deal for me since I've got limp, flat hair that goes greasy pretty much 12 hours after shampooing. But now I'm trying to play it cool and be a grease-head every second day. So today I remembered about that B&B hair powder which is supposed to be good as "dry cleansing", meaning that it can help soak up the grease. Plus, I've got some blonde-ish high-lights so I figured spraying this red stuff on would give me some extra colour since they've really been bleached extra hard by the sun. And guess what, it works! My hair looks okay (but feels gross, but whatever) and the colour really stands out on my hair which I like. Awesome!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Your hair looks awesome!! I love the colour! I usually get my haircut at the AVEDA training school and they are always trying to push their products on me. At first, I used to by oodles of shampoos, conditioners, curl enhancer, etc....now I just tell the stylist that I have all their products at home and I am not ready to purchase more until they finish. LOL! The truth is that I am using more less AVEDA products and leaning more to natural products for my hair from the "Kiss my Face" product line. No harsh chemicals and dyes, etc...so I have a less itchy scalp with means I can forgo washing to every second or even third day...but my hair is dry so I can probably get away with a bit of greasiness near the scalp.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color is amazing, I love it!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your scalp will adjust to the less frequent washings and you'll actually produce less oil in the long run. I haev thin hair like that too, and can now go about three days without a wash. It's especially freeing when you live an active outdoors way of life. Just imagine how much cuter you'll feel while camping!

8:10 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

thanks bijoux! i also only use natural shampoos & conditioners on my hair. i hope this shampoo every 2 days keeps my hair awesome!

thanks mandi!

i hope so, short for bee, cuz that is the plan!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

My roommate has that same powder too. She likes it, but since it was so expensive I think she just uses baby powder now.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Lucky said...

lookin good!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home