Thursday, May 29, 2008

good smells...plus, help me buy a candle!


I'm totally into scents right now. I bought some very delicious soaps from etsy seller Bonghinatura. I just finished the peppermint/eucalyptus blend and tomorrow will try the oatmeal, vanilla and honey soap. They seriously smell amazing.

Seeing that summer is also creeping up super fast, I figured I should try a new all-natural deodorant. So again, I went onto etsy and bought one from this seller to try. So far, so good. I wore it on an uphill bikeride to a concert on the weekend and it held up really well. However, I was nervous about it and kept sniffing the air throughout the show. I did smell some stinky pits, but it came from my husband, so my new natural deodorant is off the hook! Phew. It works and it smells great.

I'm also on the serious look out for a good smelling candle. If there was an Anthropologie here in the 'couv I'd totally be all over it. I'm a fan of herbal, eucalyptus-y scents rather than cloyingly sweet vanilla/food scents for candles. Any suggestions for in-town or online sellers?

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Have you tried the Pacifica candles? They are natural and smell heavenly. They also have soap and body butter. You can get them at Whole Foods and I know I've seen them somewhere else too...
http://www.pacificacandles.com/

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried Escents? http://www.escentsaromatherapy.com
They have one called Renewal that's lime/eucalyptus. They also have a bunch of other non-cloying scents. In fact, all their stores kinda smell eucalyptusy. You can order online or they have stores on West Broadway, Richmond Centre and a few other locations listed on their website.

5:57 PM  
Blogger juststudying said...

savor soaps from etsy are amazing if you are wanting to try another soap seller online.

6:13 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

hey thanks for all the good tips! smidge, i totally forgot about escents...will check it out this weekend. thanks!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I'm still liking my Green Beaver deodorant but I find that it does not remain fresh smelling all day which results in pukey smelling armpits by late afternoon. My husband doesn't seem to mind (he has a weak sense of smell) but I do!
Thanks for the info on the Bonghinatura soaps from Etsy. When my fancy Greek olive oil, rosemary and fig scented soaps run out, I'll give Bonginatura a try.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Rachel Catriona said...

Tocca candles rock my world (and my wallet). You can buy them online at Sephora (they ship to Canada now) or there is a little shop in Yaletown (sells child and adult clothes and other assortments- can't remember name!) that sells them.

I would suggest the set of four minis to see which you like best before committing to a full size.

PS. Love your food blog - inspiring!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home