Wednesday, April 30, 2008

road trip suggestions - Bend OR and area


I'm so excited! Next week we'll be hitting the road for a little road trip. We will check out the Painted Hills, visit ghost towns, do some hiking and spend almost a week camping our way throughout Central and North Eastern Oregon. Then we will meet up with some friends and visit my most favorite of all cities, Portland! While I think we have Portland covered (although suggestions are always welcome), I'm definitely looking for things to do and see while around the areas we'll be visiting. Where's the best place in Bend to eat breakfast? Great thrift shops? Best beer? Best town in the Cascades?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Oh, you are so lucky! Oregon is a state that my husband has been talking about visiting for a while as he never had the opportunity to go back when he lived in Vancouver. I have never been there either.

Is that photo of a real terrestrial landscape? Wow! I have to read up on it now. I'm curious...

10:24 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

wow, we just got back from Bend and I was so sorry that we only had a weekend! if you really want to splurge stay at Lara House Lodge - truly amazing! or if you don't want to splash you can stay at the Old St Francis School; it's part of McMenamin's and it's amazing, it even has a movie theatre as well as a restaurant and a pub onsite. downtown is quite small but great! we had dinner at Deschutes Brewpub - great food and wonderful beer (i recommend the elk burger and the Mirror Pond ale) and definitely check out Goody's soda shop!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home