Friday, September 26, 2008

all about paper

After seeing this post on Poppytalk, I decided that my husband and I just had to make this paper craft. Cornelius has always been a fan of these little paper-cutting adventures and has lots of experience building them. Me, not so much. But it was super easy and fun to put together and now we have a cute little Parisian newsstand! I love it.

In other paper related news, I've been working on this calendar all summer long. It's a birthday calendar that you can keep for years and years...it never goes out of date! I kept it dutch-themed since this calendar seems to exist in every dutch person's house that I know. It's a dutch tradition, I guess. We have one too (Cornelius is dutch) and we keep it in the bathroom with a pen handy so that guests can write down their birthday. This way we never lose track of important dates! Keep it in the kitchen or bathroom and let your friends and family write down their birthdays or just keep it for yourself so you don't lose track of important dates. It will be in my etsy store very soon!

Also new in my shop, are these modern Eames chair gift tags (sold in a set of 6). Perfect for any occasion! More gift cards will be at the I Heart Crafts fair this Sunday. I'll be there too this time, I promise.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Camilla said...

Oh I love the birthday calendar- make sure you save one for me and add both your dates to it!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

It's so cute that you and C worked on a little craft project together :) I made chocolate chip cookies tonight with mine. He whipped the butter and sugars together. I told him whipping butter and sugar by hand builds defined biceps LOL

That sure is an adorable calendar!! And I love the idea of keeping it in your bathroom!!

Funky Eames chair gift tags.

Hmm, I wonder if the Dutch kissing duo would work on the gift tag as well? Just a thought...

7:45 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

haha, camilla! indeed i will :)

bijoux, i love working on things with C! i should try making cookies too :) good idea, i think the dutch kissing would work really well as a gift tag! i had a few different designs for my biz card and the dutch kissers were the most popular!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home