Monday, September 22, 2008

splurge


I've got a new card in my shop! If you've seen the illustration before, it's one I created for a vegan cookie recipe on my food blog. I always liked the illustration and figured that it was about time to turn it into a cute card...and plus, it's 100% vegan! Hee hee.

In other news, I finally cashed in a gift certificate at a local kitchen shop that I had received for my birthday back in May. Gift certificates and me don't get along. I stall, I hem and I haw. But Saturday offered a bonus knife sharpening, so I brought in my old trusted Henckels and walked away not just with a sharp blade, but a Benriner, which is a fancy Japanese mandoline. I also bought a few other things, but the mandoline was by far the most exciting and least practical purchase. And while I always remain practical, gift certificates allow for a bit of splurging I think.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Oh, lucky you! I would love to have a mandoline so I could make thinly sliced potatoes and other veggies. I've had my eye on those root vegetable chips "Terra" in the supermarket but their price ($6) is just too steep for my pocket. I can't wait to see what you use your mandoline for.

Adorable card illustration!! It's making me hungry :)

6:26 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

so far i've used it once, bijoux. i like it and it's a little scary dealing with the really sharp blades. potato chips would be a great idea!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home