Monday, January 05, 2009

the exiles

Last night we trudged through the wet snow to see The Exiles, a great lost film from 1961. It documents the lives of a group of natives in Los Angeles. Sadly, the LA of the film is all gone yet the plight of the natives remains the very same.

Tonight is the last night to catch it in Vancouver. See it if you can. At the very least, watch the trailer.

I'm feeling very run down today and I'm hesitatant to call myself sick. All that wet snow reduced my boots to mush and my feet were swimming in ice water for the entire walk home. Busses were not running and all the cabs were busy. I can't wait to get my new boots in the mail. They can't come fast enough!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

I know the feeling of soggy boots. We had big thaw a few weeks back, the streets had become ponds and inevitably water seeped into my boots. Yuck.
What's with all the snow in Vancouver? Never mind, the weather here has been downright crappy...no major snowfalls lately but icy ad very cold.
The Exiles sounds interesting!

9:38 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

it's finally raining again so hopefully it will wash away all the snow! luckily, victoria missed the snow completely so i really want to feel well for the trip!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home