Sunday, March 01, 2009

i buy my jeans at a grocery store and i'm not ashamed to admit it.

I don't have a hot bod (hardly!), a great ass (nope!) or anything that would make me look fly in a pair of jeans. But I love my jeans. It's a rare thing, I know. Before I headed off to visit my parents a few weeks ago, I bought a new pair of jeans from the Gap. They were okay. They were on sale ($49) and they were pretty decent. But then when I was in Ontario, I stopped off at Joe and bought my dream jeans....the kind I always buy when I'm in town visiting my parents. Joe is located in a grocery store. Yes, I buy dream jeans ($19!!) at a friggin' grocery. While there, I also bought a pair of awesome pj pants ($4), a nice t-shirt ($3) and a bottle of olive oil. I'm sure this grocery store exists in Vancouver, but I don't live close to one and I have no reason to go (other than, making my once-a-year stop to buy another pair of jeans). That's me above in Europe wearing my nineteen dollar jeans.

Oh, and I updated my March hit list to the right!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great! And I find it particularly amusing because the current $200-per-pair jeans brand of choice among the stylish here in Los Angeles is *Joe's* Jeans.

I've long suspected that my dream jeans are the ones in the workwear section of the hardware store - trouble is, no fitting room, so I haven't yet taken a chance on them.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Ange Friesen said...

The Superstore is among the best things about living in Halifax. I also have a pair of those jeans... I don't think they are exactly the same. After all, they cost me $30.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ha! That's exactly where I get most of my clothes - including my favourite dark, raw, vintage style, straight leg jeans! I swear they're as awesome as some exotic Japanese pair! I also bought a bunch of super cut Mad Menish sweater dresses there. I love that I can get really classic pieces as well as trendy things - for tiny litle prices. It being at all the grocery stores here is dangerous though -walk in to buy milk, walkout with a new wardrobe...

3:49 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

haha, that is too funny chez shoes! yeah, i'm not sure about hardware store jeans...i did once buy some workman jeans and they weren't a great fit.

ella, that's not selling me on halifax :) joe sells a few different kinds of jeans. i can't remember what the $19 dollar jeans are called, but they are AWESOME.

yay beth, it's nice to know that joe is our little (not-so) secret! i love that it's trendy for cheap...even cheaper than H&M!

4:12 PM  
Blogger megan said...

Those jeans look awesome! I have the worst time finding jeans that fit. I buy mine at the Gap, but they're pretty mediocre fit-wise (and expensive!).

5:51 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I have heard so many women rave about Joe jeans purchased from the supermarket. There aren't any superstores near me so I haven't had a chance to try a pair on. I have a tiny, tiny waist and a LOT of junk in the trunk (if you know what I mean) so I'm kind of skeptical that there is any pair of jeans out there that will fit me well. I'm all for inexpensive clothes that fit well, so I might give Joe a try one day if I can convince my husband to rent a car and join me.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't mind saying i shop for clothes at the superstore...especially when they're cute AND cheap. i just read an article in the paper that said Joe is going to unveil a line of cosmetics!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Lucky said...

u are rockin those jeans! who doesn't love cheap cool finds!

11:08 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

megan, i've never been 100% happy with gap jeans...they always seem a bit too boxy or something.

bijoux, you might be interested in the post above on custom-fit jeans!

colene, ooooh, sounds interesting!

ah shucks, lucky. thanks!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee, those are my favourite jeans too! And you can't beat the price. And its convenient to load up on good food and then throw in a cardigan or two...

I also love their coats!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home