Wednesday, May 06, 2009

birthday week

I should be getting things done today, like shopping for birthday cake ingredients or buying olives and fancy cheeses, or even scrubbing the bathroom, but I'm feeling awful. I'm nauseous, crampy and sleepy and maybe just a slip under some blankets will do me good. Who knows. If someone could make me breakfast that would be nice too (ie. lovely husband is not here).

But despite how awful I feel, I am a bit excited for my birthday (tho I wish I didn't have to do anything to make it awesome). I think I'll make a strawberry-rhubarb pie and possibly Molly's Winning Hearts & Minds Cake. If I make it this afternoon then I can freeze it and it will be perfect for Friday.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Maija said...

Shopping for fancy cheeses sounds nice, but I always think a trip back to bed sounds especially good on a gray, gloomy day like today (where I am anyhow).

My boy's 30th b-day is next Tues, so I have been thinking Molly's Hearts-and-Minds cake would be appropriate for the occasion (either that or an ice cream cake from Ben&Jerry's if I am feeling lazy). After getting her book, I've been really longing to make that cake though.

I am sure you will feel better tomorrow & all those tasks can wait a day. Rest up!

11:03 AM  
Blogger brie said...

Well, I hope you feel better soon!

I'm stoked to hear that you are a Taurus, too! Happy Birthday in advance. And definitely pick up some fancy cheeses---fancy cheese is a good pick-me-up.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

It's never a good time to feel sick but especially not when you are expecting a birthday. I hope you recover quickly and enjoy the fruits of your labour...or rather, cake/pie of your labour. Some rest and something sweet will make you feeling festive in no time :)

9:15 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Maija, I hope you made the cake...it was amazing!

Brie, it was just a minor "under the weather" moment! Phew! I agree about the fancy cheese pick me up :)

Bijoux, it was just general crampiness due to that time of the month. Smooth sailing from here on out!

2:35 PM  
Blogger hmstrjam said...

like this poster! hello small joys from small expectations!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home