Friday, June 25, 2010

shoe lust & blah blah blah

I've got total sneaker lust for these cute French elastique Bensimons. They're available in town in a laced up version but I haven't been able to find this style which is kind of driving me nuts. Seriously, how cute is this shoe?

Summer shoes have let me down. I really wanted a pair of Saltwater sandals but when I tried on a pair in San Francisco they were a bit too tight in the width and the size up were just too large. I looked at Tom's but they just look like elf shoes to me. So I'm going to try on a pair of Bensimons and see how they fit. If I like them, then the search will be on for the elastique version.

In other news, I went on holiday had a ton of fun and then came back to a screeching amount of work. The past two weeks have been killer but I did manage to bike for tacos and margaritas on Monday night and then walk over to Pecha Kucha on Wednesday night which was pretty amazing. Dinner at Nuba with friends following was also a nice break.

And today is our 5th wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe that we've been married so long or for such a short time - I feel like we were meant to be, so I'm happy to have Cornelius by my side. Tonight we might check out La Brasserie and tomorrow we're taking the day off and heading into the woods for some hiking.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jan Halvarson said...

cute shoes! and happy anniversary!

11:51 AM  
Blogger NicoleD said...

Love the shoes, let us know if you find them! Happy anniversary :)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous nancy said...

Did you check out Gravity Pope? They had the mary jane version online along with the lace-ups and their 20% off sale goes to July 4.
Happy anniversary!

4:28 PM  
Blogger brie said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!

I also have some lust for those shoes. However, when I was in Paris I tried them on and they are not very comfortable. They aren't uncomfortable, but they are very flat and not cushy at all. I still wouldn't mind a pair for puttering around in relaxed picnic-like situations, but for everyday where they are a little flat. Just sayin'...they're still cute though!

1:56 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Brie, you called it. I can't have uncomfortable shoes and I hate the flat sneakers...I have a few pairs that are totally unwearable unless I walk to the laundry down the hall. Dream killer. Damn.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous crystal! said...

I don't like those shoes but I just wanted to tell you that in the states the new JCrew store, Madewell, is selling them in like 8 different colors.

10:22 PM  
Blogger brie said...

Jeanette, one of my nicknames is the "dream crusher" for this very reason. Despite that, friends still like shopping with me. Have you tried Keds? I've found that some of their slip-ons have good support and are quite cute.

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home