Tuesday, November 20, 2007

belgium love



On the weekend I took a trip to the Gourmet Warehouse and came back with a taste of Europe, liege waffles! I was so excited to find some frozen ones locally made from Patisserie LeBeau. I had heard about all the waffles available at the bakery, but haven't made time to cross town to visit. So when I saw these in the freezer case, I snapped them up and this morning, Cornelius and I had them for breakfast. No whipped cream, syrup or berries needed. The liege waffle is pure goodness, no additives required.

The only thing that would have been better is if they were fresh off a cart in Brussles. Yum.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you!! The only waffles i've ever tasted are the frozen Eggo waffles...yeah, I know...bleh!!

If a waffle can make you smile (as you do in the photo) they must be that good!!

8:24 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

joanne, frozen eggos, these are not! so good :)

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking, that the one frivolous appliance I might like in my kitchen is a waffle maker. My mom has this marvellously heavy cast iron one that must be pretty ancient. It gets sooooo hot, and the waffles just pop right out. I know I'd only use it a couple times a year (at best) but I think it might be worth it for the smell of waffles in the morning. It's such a specific scent, one of those childhood memory inducing smells that makes me swoon.
Maybe it's one of those things I'll file away in the "someday frivolous things to register for when a wedding occurs" file. I have one of those. Also on it: a Kitchen Aid mixer in a silly pastel. And an Le Creuset dutch oven in chartreuse or turquoise. I hope I have rich friends by then.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home