Monday, March 23, 2009

lovely smells

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I sure did. Lots of stuff going on including going to see Herman Dune (who unfortunately wasn't as awesome as the last time I saw them in Vancouver) and eating a huge Persian feast with friends who were celebrating the Iranian new year. But this morning it was back to business, including a doctor's visit for one of those unpleasant "feet-in-stirrups" kind of visits.

To soothe my nerves, I wore a little bit of my favorite perfume which just happens to come from a Seattle etsy seller, Sweet Anthem. Karen is my scent du jour, but I've got a few other handmade perfumes by them and I love them all. My husband, on the other hand, is a perfume hater...so I try not to wear scents too often, but I give props to finally finding a great perfume on etsy.

In other news, I was interviewed in Scout Magazine about my cards. Take a look!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

mmm...kickpleat, you said the magic words: Persian feast...I absolutely love Persian food!

I'll have to side with C on the perfume wearing, I'm not big scent wearer, however I will make an exception for a body deodorant by Weleda in a citrusy lemon scent which I find invigorating and subtle enough to not get nauseous on.

Glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend!! Grey skies are gonna clear up...

4:50 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

What a great interview! You're making me want to revisit Vancouver.

I've enjoyed your blogs and etsy shop for some time now, and am so happy for all of your successes!

And. . .Sweet Anthem's scents sound amazing. I'm swooning over Leslie (citrus chic).

11:34 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Bijoux, the grey skies really are clearing up!

JFM, thanks so much for stopping by! Sweet Anthem is great.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Meredith said...

I am so glad to hear you like Karen so much! Thank you so much for posting a link to my shop!
xoxo, Meredith

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home