Thursday, March 12, 2009

weekend watching


On the weekend, we watched 2 movies. The Dark Knight was pretty good, but not as great as the previous Batman film. In fact, I've only seen the Christian Bale Batman movies...really, why bother with the others? But the movie that I quite enjoyed and was totally surprised by was The Wackness. I had never heard about it and then it landed in my lap. Ben Kingsley is great as always and the soundtrack which is so 1990's hip hop is pretty memorable too. Oh yeah, and the story is sweet and real. A lovely little surprise of a film.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoyed the wackness, too! i heard about it before it came out and then couldn't wait to see it because i loved the idea of a period piece about guiliani era new york!! i loved the soundtrack also.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Maven said...

I've been wanting to recommend Happy Go Lucky to someone since I watched it a few days ago, so if you're looking for more movie action, check it out. Thanks for reminding me about The Wackness. I wanted to see that.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I LOVE Ben Kingsley!! What I don't enjoy is hip hop music but people tell me (i.e. my husband) that I have weird taste in music so I'm fine with that. Music is in the ear of the beholder. :) I'd still be willing to see the movie though. I liked the trailer!

Another film to add to your roster: 'The Namesake' - pretty good film about an Indian immigrant family and adjusting to American life as their children grow up and shun their Indian customs

9:03 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

leah, totally!

maven, i've had "happy go lucky" on my list for ages, so I'll definitely have to see it soon.

bijoux, ben kingsley is so good in this movie.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Ange Friesen said...

Yess - to The Wackness.

The first Batman is so good! So good! (By first I mean the one Tim Burton directed.)

Have you watched Rachel Getting Married yet? That one I highly recommend.

9:59 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

ange, i'm not a huge tim burton fan (true!). i tried to watch the first batman and couldn't get through 10 minutes of it. i really do want to see rachel getting married tho, thanks for the reminder!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home