Tuesday, March 17, 2009

city of dreams


Seriously, what is it about Portland, OR?! This morning I awoke to a ton of fabulous Portland things in my feed reader. What is it about Portland that supports such creativity? I was recently interviewed by a local magazine and they had asked me what makes Vancouver so creative and I answered that it's hard to be a successful creative in this city. Laws, bi-laws and so much interference by the Man make things hard, so you have to be creative to get around things.


In Portland, it just seems to be so easy. Portland, the city, just seems so welcoming to great ideas. There are cool little shops and businesses and small independents thrive. My husband jokingly says it's because Portland has such short city blocks compared to Vancouver. It could also be because of the chickens. If so, Vancouver now allows backyard urban chickens. Maybe the chickens will help Vancouver win the war on creativity!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

One day I hope to make it to Portland but for now I'll just have to daydream.

7:48 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Bijoux, Portland is so awesome! I'm sure you'd love it there.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home