Thursday, March 26, 2009

sleepless in seattle

Work is busy at the moment. It must have been a slow week last week since I posted here almost every day! I'm also really lacking some serious beauty sleep...this week has been rough and the fire alarm testing going in our building isn't helping things.

But I am super excited that our Seattle plans have come into place. I tried out Priceline for the first time and after a few unsuccessful bids, we finally ended up with a stay at the Silver Cloud Stadium Hotel in downtown Seattle. It has great TripAdvisor reviews and while it's on the other end of downtown (it's right across from Safeco Field), I'm definitely excited about it! Plus, our room only cost us $69 dollars/night. Cheaper than our usual $71/night stay with shared bathrooms at the Moore Hotel and way more fancy. We're only staying one night to see the Black Lips and I'm also trying to convince my husband to stay an extra night so that we can have a bit more time in Seattle to explore and do everything we want. We'll see!

The above photo was taken on our last trip to Seattle...in 2006. Breakfast in Ballard at The Dish. I think it's time that we make a return trip!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - congrats on all your recent blog successes from a fellow Vancouver blogger! I've been trying some of your recipes - many go well with champagne (then again, I think everything goes with the bubbly).

Jen

5:50 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Have fun in Seattle! Thanks for the link to Priceline...never heard of it before. I will check it out.
I've been MIA on my blogs for a while as I am currently juggling two part-time jobs and working 7 days a week!

6:14 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Thanks for commenting Jen! I would agree that so many things go nicely with champagne too!

Thanks Bijoux, I wondered why you were so quiet! What are your jobs? I hope they're good ones :) Enjoy the busy-ness!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

kickpleat: My jobs are in design and sales. One is in kitchen design and the other is in furniture design. I really like the new job in furniture design. The kitchen job is getting the boot soon as it is not panning out to be what I was expecting.

7:24 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Bijoux, sounds like an interesting job! Definitely using your skills.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Maija said...

Ooh great price for the city! And that's a pretty good location really - you can easily walk downtown to Pike Place Market, H&M, etc etc from there (it will be a decent stroll - but it is totally doable). You'll also be pretty close to the International District for yummy eats & Uwajimaya (although your Chinatown in Van. is probably much better!).

If you're looking for a morning pickup - check out Zeitgeist Coffee (171 S Jackson - just head past Amtrak & take a left on S Jackson). It's one of my favorites in Seattle. I often ride the train to Seattle & stop in there for a coffee while I'm waiting for friends to pick me up. Have you thought of riding the train? It's really fun, and you're staying right by the Amtrak station.

4:54 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Maija, I'm not that keen on the location, but I don't really mind especially since it's a nice hotel! Unfortunately, the train isn't really possible to Seattle...there's only 1 train per day and it leaves in the evening. Thanks for the coffee tip!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home