Monday, May 11, 2009

birthday weekend wrap up

To say I had a pleasant birthday weekend would be an understatement. It was truly a great, great weekend. So much fun, laughter, friends and good times were had that I will mark the highlights in point format (I know, exciting!):
  • Brunch made by the husband. Lovely.
  • Sexy wooden fenders for my bike (my husband's gift to me). They're handmade in Bend, OR and they are simply beautiful.
  • Potluck dinner with amazing chocolate cake. Lots of colours, variety and all in all, quite healthy too. And lots of leftovers to snack on.
  • Teen movies! Over the Edge + Suburbia = awesome.
  • Root beer floats!
  • Yummy huge breakfast at Deacon's Corner.
  • A walk and layabout in the sunny & warm Strathcona community gardens that included smelling lilacs and eyeing the new garden plots for July.
  • Buying some tasty & tart fresh lemonade from a little girl's lemonade stand.
This weekend, we also checked out Wanted and it was such a lovely shop. Cornelius and I bought 2 tiny little plants, one succulent and one cactus for our office. They're so tiny and cute! I also just received some amazing purple tights from We Love Colors in the mail. As much as I'd like to believe that tight season is over with, the weather looks pretty grey and rainy for most of this week, so these will definitely give my legs another shot of brightness.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

It all sounds so wonderful!! Glad to hear you celebrated in so many ways. That spread in your photo looks divine!! Yum!

8:15 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Bijoux it was a great weekend! And the spread? Yup, divine :)

2:33 PM  
Anonymous bellcurves said...

What a great weekend! I agree that spread looks fantastic. Glad you had fun!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home