Saturday, August 18, 2007

offline, somewhat

Just a couple weeks ago I had taken in my computer for repairs. They replaced the power supply and the monitor. Now, I've had to take it in again so my computer is gone and I don't think I will buy another first generation Apple product again. I'm using Cornelius' old pc and it doesn't feel the same. Work has come to a grinding halt and I've had to clear out a lot of items from my Etsy store because I only have 2 cards on hand right now. I think it's time for a new computer.

But I'm holding up well. I've been picking a ton of local wild blackberries and now my freezer is bursting to the seams with berries that I'll enjoy all winter long. I'm reading a lot. The library (and all public works including garbage collection) has been on strike now for 26 days and there is no end in sight. Luckily, the day before the library closure happened, I raided my local branch and grabbed what I could. Unfortunately, because it's such a tiny branch, a few of the titles are pretty bad, but what can you do?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Not again :(
How does it feel using a PC? When I began working 2 months ago I had to get used to a PC again and it took a few days before I was in-sync with all the PC quirks. In my opinion, Mac's are still head and shoulders above a PC - even when a Mac poses a problem or two...I still would not consider switching to a PC.

Books, blackberries (the edible kind) and baking - who could ask for more?!

Sometimes an unexpected hiatus is a good thing.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home