Sunday, November 25, 2007

i heart weekends


It's been a lovely week with sunshine and crisp wintery weather every day. I wear scarves and striped gloves and I feel cozy and warm. It's perfect! As lovely as this past week was, the weekend is even better. On Friday (not quite the weekend, but so so close), I had a very successful thrifting outing and bought some very pretty plates and a couple of super vintage awesome cookbooks. I also went online and purchased a new 24" iMac cuz it was on sale! eek! The evening was spent eating a very simple boiled dinner and watching Superbad which was hilarious and kept us laughing pretty much non-stop.


On Saturday we walked to the VAG and saw the most amazing videos by Mark Lewis and some really great photography by Roy Arden and others. We skipped the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit because I can't look at her work without getting 80's flashbacks. In the evening, I hung out with friends and watched a great documentary, ate vegan cookies and drank tea. It was a quiet evening with a couple of girl friends and lots of chitchat.


Today I wandered about the neighbourhood and popped into the I heart Crafts bazaar. I didn't end up buying anything but ran into some friends who I haven't seen in a while. I did end up taking a few photos around the neighbourhood...because it's really nice to have sunny days in November. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way for a long, long time.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of the nice weather you've been having! And thrifting - I haven't done that is ages. 'Superbad' - never heard of it but now I am curious, so I will have to check it out soon.

We have had crappy weather in TO since Thursday, when we had a unexpected snow storm which left the city icy and slushy and people very grumpy.

I love weekends too and I celebrated my birthday this weekend eating Dim Sum on Saturday with some friends and puttering around downtown, stopping at a gourmet patisserie for a decadent dessert before heading to our local Italian supermarket for some groceries and finally a quiet evening at home watching season 1 of 'Heroes' on DVD.

Sunday is usually spent cooking multiple meals for the work week and doing laundry...again for the week and getting mentally prepared...for going back to work on Monday...ugh!!!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home