Monday, March 30, 2009

spring cleaning

This weekend was a hive of activity, but also one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. We took a major break away from the computer and did not do a stitch of work all weekend. Seriously, this is a huge deal. Well deserved, definitely. We watched Happy-Go-Luckywhich was amazing, read books, visited the farmer's market, spring cleaned our apartment, made a blood orange/cranberry loaf, went to a party, watched Wassup Rockers, went out for breakfast twice with friends, wandered around our sunny neighbourhood, sat in the sun in the local community gardens, and went to a pot-luck dinner. Phew!

Yes, I did say the weekend was enjoyable and that we spring-cleaned. I didn't find spring cleaning that awful actually. I think because my husband and I tackled most of the work together while listening to loud music and letting in the spring air through our windows. And our place seemed a hundred times better for it. I also think that this was a fantastically sunny weekend helped to put smiles on our faces. Want to spring clean? Try out these homemade cleaning solutions.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Hurray for fun weekends! And kudos to you for using homemade cleaning products to clean your home...I am a firm advocate of not using chemicals in your home. Now...if only I can manage to have a weekend off from working at my new job.

5:57 AM  
Blogger la ninja said...

I reckon everyone's at it (spring cleaning) lately... So good to get rid of those winter cobwebs!!!
Love your "vase", btw!!

Upon watching it for the first time, "Happy Go Lucky" instantly became one of my favourite films ever. I want to be Poppy! Isn't she just the greatest?

Speaking about finding joy in the little things! As she herself would say: Bless! ;)

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home