Wednesday, May 13, 2009

getting my hands dirty

I did a quick little blog re-organizing the other day. I created a little spot for Vancouver bloggers and I updated my May soundtrack to the left. Small things, but good things. I also discovered this blog of stylish folks which is so nice and a nice counterpoint to my own un-stylish self.

The photo above is of some lovely, but sadly, on their-last-legs tulips in our living room. But I've been dreaming of my outdoor garden, but it's pretty barren. It's too cold to want to spend time out on our balcony, so I'm just hoping for a nice warm day to get my hands dirty. Luckily our co-op has a gardening day this Saturday to help spruce up the communal areas. It'll be a good re-introduction to doing small outdoor tasks and helping out always reminds me of being a kid helping out in the yard. As a kid, I hated chores, but as an adult, it's actually kind of nice to work for an hour or so in a garden larger than my tiny balcony space. Here's hoping to a sunny weekend!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger becka said...

Haha, I totally know what you mean. Our balcony is pretty miserable looking at the moment, but I'm hoping that this weekend will be one of transformation!

2:25 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Ours is in such a sad state, and looking back on previous years photos, I realize what a cold month this is! The last few years were actually nice in May and my garden was growing. Sigh.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Hurray for flowers and gardening!! I've tried getting my front and backyard into shape but I can still see more soil than plants. I feel like I'm watching a pot of water boil. Seeds take so much longer to sprout than actual seedlings. I'm really eager to see results. I am such an impatient person :)

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home