Tuesday, May 19, 2009

parsley days

I snapped this photo as golden light was flooding into our office. I love golden hour because while it's so pretty and beautiful there's also sadness underlying it all in that the day is over with. It was a rough night last night. I hardly slept and I'm trying to get out from under a bad cold. Yesterday I put on my bravado and decided that "I'm not sick! I'm going to go on a bike ride!". And I did and it was lovely. I got to hang out with friends and drink a beer and wander around the market, and enjoy the stat holiday, but then the rain came and I got soaking wet. I'm sure it did not do wonders for my recovery. But I'm resilient and I'm still plowing ahead.

Visiting my dear friend's blog, I spotted this video and it was so sweet that I had to share.



It's directed by Andrea Dorfman who directed Parsley Days which made such an impact on me when I first saw it. I loved it. I loved the colourful buildings in Halifax, the quirky characters and the indie-ness of it all. I haven't seen it in ages, so maybe I should check it out again and re-live that crazy time in my life when I saw Parsley Days for the first time. Or maybe not. Some memories should stay in the past as memories, don't you agree?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I looooooooove Andrea Dorfman. Never seen Parsely Days (it's really hard to find) but I own Love that Boy - it is one of my all time favourites!

I wish she would make more movies. She lives somewhere near my old neighborhood and co-owns a lovely little knitting cafe (called the knit cafe)! I used to visit hoping to spot her, but I never did.

8:06 AM  
Blogger justyna said...

funny, i LOVE parsley days too! through a halifax web, i ended up at a new years party with andrea last year, but was way too "cool" and shy to say hello and profess my love. i have the soundtrack in case you are interested....

justy/jinkymarvels

9:18 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Beth, you should see if the library has it (even the horrible london ontario library had it). I wish she would make more movies too.

Hijinks, haha, I think I probably would have done it and embarrassed myself in the process!

9:31 AM  
Blogger anabela / fieldguided said...

Oh wow! Parsley Days. It's the kind of movie I wish I had seen at a different time in my life. I enjoyed it, but I think it would have had more meaning had I seen it when it was first released.

11:52 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

anabela, i'm sure i'd feel the same way if i saw it again today. when i first saw it, it just hit all the right notes with what was going on with me at the time.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Maybe if you keep telling yourself that you are not sick you might get better? Mind over matter really has the potential to heal :) Anyway, get better soon. No wait, you are completely 100% better now! Hop on your bike and away you go...
I've never heard of Andrea Dorfman but I will check her work out.

8:49 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Bijoux, I recovered pretty quick! It was just a long weekend sickness. I'm fine now! Really :)

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home