Wednesday, June 17, 2009

crafty coolness

The Got Craft fair on Sunday went really well. I got some truly amazing comments from people buying my stuff which is always nice to hear. The weather was amazing and almost all the vendors moved their tables outside in the sunshine. Luckily, my table neighbour had sunscreen and an umbrella to share. I did not get burnt (just a bit of pink around my neckline). Hooray!

The next day, Cornelius and I went out for gelato...our first cones of the year! I had the coffee crisp and coconut chocolate chip scoops (pictured above) and Cornelius opted for chocolate pistachio and mint oreo. It's pretty great having a crazy huge gelato shop in our neighbourhood (218 flavours!)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous hudsonny said...

oh that gelato looks so good! i'll have to try that place - we always go to mario's, since that's closest to us, but i can't resist the thought of coffee crisp gelato. ;-)

10:21 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I LOVE gelato and there are no gelato places nearby so I have to wait until an opportunity arises to get some gelato from La Paloma on the other side of the city. I've really been contemplating getting my own ice cream machine so I can have ice cream all the time. Actually, that might not be such a great thing given my propensity to gain weight so easily. Ack!

5:52 PM  
Blogger lesley [smidgebox] said...

glad the craft show went well :) how was the traffic, busy? i love casa gelato, haven't been in ages, must get back there soon!

5:22 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

hudsonny, the gelato is pretty good at la casa tho i hear the place on the drive is much better! i haven't tried marios at all!

bijoux, gelato is pretty easy to find in vancouver! i think every neighbourhood has at least 1 spot. yeah, we have an old school hand-crank machine & i keep thinking we should update it...but no!! those things are probably too evil for me.

lesley, thanks! the traffic was quite busy since we were outside and it was car-free day. the locals were excited about it!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home