Wednesday, June 10, 2009

'nuff niceness

It's been a busy week so far, but the weather has continued to be lovely! The photo above was taken last week in Deep Cove, just outside of Vancouver. Shortly I'm heading out to check out the new Wednesday farmer's market located on Main Street by the train station. So exciting to have a weekday market so close to home. A short walk or bike ride away. Niceness!

And speaking of niceness, I have a new printable art print in the shop. The saying comes from a very old-timey song that Cornelius has on mp3 from a collection of old 78's. I made it ages ago but only listed it today. Check it out & try to be a little bit nicer, y'hear?

And how about some more nice? I have to mention this new facial scrub I'm using. I found it at a new tiny drug store and bought it because I just felt I needed a bit of exfoliation for summer. So far so good! I really like it and it's really quite cheap too. Now I just need a really good facial cleanser....something good for oily skin. I know, I'm old and I still have oily skin. Whatever. All I want is a good cleanser that doesn't smell like old people. Yes, I'm looking at you, Cetaphil!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Good stuff!! Nice is not in my nature (snicker)...kidding, so this print was a perfect reminder, to be more nice...and on that note, YOU ROCK!!

Yeah! My favourite topic is cosmetics and skin care products. I was using Cetaphil for over 8 years until I discovered that it has some not so good for you ingredients. So I switched to this line of products: Earth Science

http://www.houseofnutrition.com/earthscience.html

I have dry skin so I always have to use a creamy cleanser but they also carry products for oily skin too. The prices are reasonable. My cleanser smells like sweet almond oil. I get mine at a local health food store here in TO. If you decide to try it out, let me know what you think.

8:38 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

Thanks Bijoux! I think yer pretty nice, you can't fool me! I'll definitely check out Earth Science, so thanks for the tip.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous crystal said...

i'm sure you hate having oily skin but my grandma always says it's what keeps you young. dry skin ages less well!

i use neutrogena deep clean as an everyday cleanser and have been for years. it totally gets the job done.

2:10 AM  
Blogger arajane said...

I have used Cetaphil for many, many years and have found it to be the only thing I can use of my sensitive, yet damnably oily, skin. I had no idea it smelled like old people, though! Yipes!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home