Monday, November 26, 2007

half-assed organization


I'm not that great at being organized. I have left the house without my keys, left my wallet at home only to realize that fact in line at the market, and my desk is a mess. I'm always jealous of those people who have organization coursing through their blood. Look at the lovely Pink Loves Brown and her beautiful office space. Am I jealous? Of course!


I grabbed the 2 photos above from the Pink Loves Brown flickr photostream, but you can read all about her home/office decorating projects on her blog, Making it Lovely.

As for our own home office, my side of the room has always been a bit disorganized. But last night I tidied up my desk (finally) and decided to take a photo since it's not going to last. We still have a lot to do with our space, but we did hang shelves last weekend and got rid of a lot of clutter. See evidence below. When we head down to Belling ham next weekend, I plan on picking up a shoe organizer (see above) to help me organize my cards that I sell on etsy. That purchase alone will make things so much better, I'm sure of it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your office space looks quite organized to me!!

My former work space at home has now become a walk-in closet :D

Some people are a natural at being super organized and some have to work at it...you just have to find a system that works for you...my system of organization is not having one...heh heh...but I'm getting better at being more organized ;)

8:15 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

joanne, that photo is after clearing up all my mess. oh boy, was it messy!!

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it expensive to be organized. I have to spend cashola on buying more and more storage containers and other organizing tools like a label maker, etc...
Last week I scored a great upright cabinet/cupboard in pristine condition with shelves and a drawer, which I found on Craig's List...It is now in my bedroom packed to the gills with cosmetics and toiletry items...yup, girly girl stuff.
Now - how to organize my vast collection of beads and oodles of jewellery supplies?...that's another story :0

9:30 AM  
Blogger Yum Yum Buttons said...

I'm working at my organization this week and your post is an inspiration -- time to clean up my shelves!! Thanks!

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home