Friday, December 07, 2007

hello icicles


Almost all of my Christmas cards have been sent out, most of my baking has been done and I have a few last minute things to finish. Tonight we head to a work Christmas party and then tomorrow at 5am we'll arrive at the airport. Ouch! I'll be away for a week in the icy cold hinterland known as Ontario. Today I froze off my butt and it was 5 degrees Celsius...I don't know how I'll cope with minus zero temperatures and all that snow. Cornelius and I are West Coast wimps when it comes to cold weather.


And speaking of holiday baking, a couple of weeks ago I went to the new Daiso-like store in Tinseltown where everything is from Japan and costs either $1, $2 or $3! I managed to pick up some mini loaf paper trays (see above) and some cute checkered mini cupcake liners (see the 1st photo). Aren't they cute? I also bought some pink rubber gloves to do the dishes with, but you don't need to see a photo of that!

Back in a week!!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...it's not that bad ;)
A lot of the snow has melted away and the temperature has been hovering at or just below zero (in the evenings). Just be glad you are not going to Winnipeg. In terms of the cold it makes Toronto seem like tropical weather...LOL. Torontonians are weather wimps too...we don't like the cold either.

I was actually admiring those mini loaf liners and thinking "how cute" they were...and the checkered cupcake liners too...It's not fair that we don't have one of those Japanese shops here in TO...I would shop there a lot.

Show us the pink rubber gloves...:)

Enjoy your trip!!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to go to that store in tinsletown...thanks for the reminder...I am going this week!

personally I would have loved to have seen the pink rubber gloves....I am really fond of the lime green ones I picked up at ikea recently!

7:22 PM  
Blogger S. said...

sweet -- i'm planning on baking mini loaves this weekend and was wondering where the heck to buy paper loaf trays from. perfect timing on your post!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home