Wednesday, December 05, 2007

we traversed through sleet and snow...


...and we finally got to Trader Joe's! Snow is a rare thing in the Pacific Northwest and unfortunately, it had to raise its ugly head on our Saturday morning in Bellingham, Wa. Roads were crazy slippery and we witnessed so many fender-benders, but we still managed to get our trunk full of TJ's goodness. The best thing we bought? A tiny tub of Dark Chocolate Almonds. Doesn't sound impressive...but covered in dark Belgium chocolate, sea salt, cocoa and turbino sugar, they were amazingly delicious! If anyone wants to keep me in a monthly supply, I won't say no. I also had to buy the Thai Chili Cashews and the Peanut Butter filled Pretzels since it's part of my TJ's staple foods. I have to admit that I wasn't totally smitten with the Candy Cane Jo Jo's...the filling wasn't as smooth and creamy as the mint Oreos that I ate up as a kid. But I am thinking they'd be great in baking, so there will be some minty pink chocolate treats in the future, I'm sure.

The snow cut short our trip and I wasn't able to fully explore Target or relax in any of the nice Bellingham places we usually hang out in. To beat the icy roads, we booted it safely back home. The next day the snow was gone, the warm weather was here and our snow day in Bellingham seemed like a crazy dream.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - now I have to convince my husband to make trip across the border just to take a peek in T.J.'s. My husband HATES shopping and that includes shopping for food, not just clothing and household things.

Sounds like your trip was fun despite the snow and not getting to do everything you had planned while in Bellingham. You'll just have more to look forward to on your next trip :)

Are you serious about it being warm in Vancouver?! We're freezing our butts off in TO.

*jealousy alert flashing*

6:42 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

yikes, joanne, i'm not going to be used to the cold weather! we're going to ontario on saturday and will be staying a week. i better bundle up!!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome J - are you by any chance making a stop in TO? It would be great to meet up with you folks!

Yes, bring your woolies :D

...oh, and bring some of 'em TJ chocolate covered almonds...kidding!

9:06 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

I'm not sure how I'll cope in minus freezing weather! This week we got up to 15 degrees and today is a very chilly 6 degrees. I'm a wussy! I'll be in Toronto only for the airport, sadly. I've got a lot of family activity while I'm down.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recognise the faces in your photo at Trader Joe's. I must admit though...I have never heard of the place. It sounds like I am missing something. Too bad about Target...

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home