Tuesday, January 01, 2008

end of year meme time


I saw this meme on a lot of journals this year and decided I was bored enough to fill it out. Yikes! No more memes if I want to keep up with my new year's resolutions, though.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

I went to Europe, kept a garden along with 3 houseplants thriving and walked on crutches!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I did make 3 resolutions last year: get rid of cable, lose weight, be more productive and I while I did cut cable and lose a few pounds, I wasn't as productive as I wanted to be. This year my resolutions are to be more productive (take classes, do more fun things and less lazy things), more organized and more focused on work and play.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

One friend did and another friend will have her baby very very soon.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
USA, Germany, Belgium, Holland, England, Lithuania.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Cuter shoes, a nice travel bag, gumption.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Landing on European soil in August and knowing that the next 35 days would be filled with adventure.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Selling more of my cards on etsy than I ever thought possible. Bigger and better is always ahead! Hooray.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not trusting in myself more, not being more of a people person and being poorly organized.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, a stupid fall off my bike ended up with me spraining my ankle and walking on crutches for a week and limping for a month.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A plane ticket to Europe, a pair of $200 Nikes in London which saved my feet, flannel sheets, a new 24" iMac.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Kanye West, he can do no wrong (and I'm kind of only half kidding!)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hmmm, no one personally. World-wise, so many.

14. Where did most of your money go?

I'm thrifty, but I did spend a lot on travel this year. I also hate debt, so everything was paid off lickety split.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Travelling! Road trips! Board games!

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

Kissing Like It's Love by the Voyces, Stronger by Kanye West, Black Mirror by Arcade Fire, Put a Penny in the Slot by Fionn Regan, Hip Hop is Dead by NAS.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?

Happier. Thinner. Richer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Bike riding, bike trips, camping, eating out.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Sitting in front of the computer.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

Spent it at my in-laws and afterwards watching The Shop Around the Corner on tv.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

I'm always in love.

22. How many one-night stands?

None.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
TV on dvd is where it's at: Flight of the Conchords, The Wire, Big Love. Of course, there is always ANTM!

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I'm a lover not a hater.

25. What was the best book you read?
Oh so many! You can check out my Good Reads account for more, but I did really love Under the Banner of Heaven by John Krakauer, The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin, Truth and Beauty by Anne Patchett, The Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr, Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I wasn't into music so much as I used to be, but I did love Lily Allen, The Voyces,

27. What did you want and get?

A great haircut, lots of travel time, great jeans, a new 24" iMac, a conical burr grinder for my morning coffee, flannel sheets, an accountant.

28. What did you want and not get?
Cute shoes, a new Wacom tablet.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?

I saw some good ones: The Real Dirt on Farmer John, The Wonderful & Frightening World of Mark E Smith, The Science of Sleep, Word Play, Thieves Highway, Superbad.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I had a cold on my birthday but that didn't stop me from enjoying a lovely lunch at a french cafe with Cornelius of moules et frites and then a bit of exploration at the Vancouver Art Gallery. A few days later, I had a picnic party with friends! Hooray! My age? Well, that's a secret.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Shoes that were comfortable yet cuter than all hell.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Tall socks.

33. What kept you sane?
Cornelius.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Michael Cera and my always fave, Mark Ruffalo.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
God, what doesn't?

36. Who did you miss?

My mom, my friend who moved to NC.

37. Who was the best new person you met?

Lori.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.

I'm stronger than I think.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I learned some interesting tidbits about you. I love that picture of the two elderly women - kind of reminds me of a geriatric Thelma & Louise...LOL!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home