Wednesday, August 30, 2006

an abandoned city


A little while ago I found some amazing photographs along with the story of an abandoned Japanese island known as "Gunkanjima". Now, I've recently stumbled upon these very cool space-age homes in the outskirts of Taiwan. Once again, this housing project is totally empty and falling apart and possibly haunted! I love the photographs and I'd totally live in one. And if you can't get enough of these homes, there are more photos in this flickr set.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

very cool.I love things like that. We came across a few abandoned villlages when I was living in England. You could feel the history, even though no one was there any more.
Check this out:
http://www.kiddofspeed.com/

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spooky...yet fascinating!
I wonder if R. Buckminster Fuller was around when these dwelling units were created?

It's a similar type of development to Bucky's "Geodesic Domes" and the "Dymaxion House"...History of Architecture...3rd year of Design school...it's all coming back to me...(insert Twilight Zone music here) :)

8:47 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

OMG VERY COOL! I would live in one in a heart beat too! Seriously LOVE future looking houses! hmm its a shame they are empty :(

7:29 AM  
Blogger lobstersquad said...

that´s so cool!
I love abandonded factories, but this is something quite beyond even that.
I din´t know about your shop, I´m loving it too

4:29 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

great link, linda! thanks!

joanne, i love buckminster fuller and his geodesic domes! there's a little hotel in new denver, bc that is made up of a bunch of domes and i totally want to stay in one.

jenn, it is a true shame.

thanks lobstersquad!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip on the hotel in New Denver, BC...if I'm ever in BC again, I'll certainly have to check it out!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home