Tuesday, September 12, 2006

junebug

There are movies that I fall in love with right from the get-go. Junebug is one of them. A small and understated film that doesn't fall prey to grand gestures or posturing. In Junebug you can gain more into each character by a glance or an off-hand remark than by complicated plotlines. I don't want to say too much except that it's wonderful and made me smile, laugh and cry all at once. Plus, where else can you find The South, Will Oldham, Yo La Tengo, and Outsider Art all in one smart movie?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been eyeing this film on the shelf of my local DVD rental store for a while...but it's always out! Based on your recommendation, I will have to become more vigilant about getting my hands on it now...:)

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kickpleat, I finally saw this film and thought it was great!

There was quite a complex selection of personalities and so many personal 'demons' going on in each of the characters.

I have the film for a week so...
I might have to watch it again...:)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

I loved this movie. I loved how the male lead changes his attitude and personality when he goes home and then on the car ride back he snaps out of it. I guess it just rang true for me.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home