Tuesday, September 12, 2006

seattle bound


I'm pretty excited when road trips rear their heads. There's not much more that I love than visiting new places. True, I've been to Seattle more times than I can count on both hands, but it's still a trip and it's a trip with a purpose. We've got tickets to see Lambchop at The Triple Door at the end of September! I've been waiting years and years to see Lambchop's eleven (maybe more?!) band members...and even better, they are touring with a full string section! I've never been to The Triple Door, but it looks fancy and lovely at least according to the venue's photos. Plus, this road trip guarantees a great breakfast at my favorite Seattle joint, The Dish. Biscuits n' gravy, here I come!

I should also point out that I'm also looking for any interesting shops, restaurants or galleries that we should poke our heads into while in Seattle. Basically, what's there to do in Seattle that I don't already know about? Probably lots! So lets hear about it!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you have another brunch spot open and you're in the U-District, check out Portage Bay Cafe. Yum!

http://www.portagebaycafe.com/

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, heh...
"Biscuits" and "Gravy" are the names of two cats that belong to a friend of mine. :P

Never been to Seattle but have heard great things...

Haven't heard of Lambchop either...

While you're enjoying your 'biscuits n' gravy' in Seattle, perhaps you can snap a photo of the meal and post it on your blog. I've never seen nor tasted 'biscuits n' gravy' before...never was much of a gravy person. :D

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just popping in to tell you to have fun!!!!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Ooooh! Let me know if you have a minute to spare, dear kickpleat - I'd love to meet you! AND I live a 10-minute walk from The Dish. I can't believe that I've never had their biscuits and gravy. I've got to get on that!

8:25 AM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

thanks for the link, jess! i'll tuck it away for future reference.

joanne, i'll definitely post a greasy american breakfast pic!

thanks, jenn!

oh, molly, i'd love to meet up! perhaps a little breakfast meeting at the dish? i'll hunt for your email :)

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home