Wednesday, September 06, 2006

riding the red wave


Whooo, menstruating sure can be fun! Ummmm, not. But things are much better now that I'm all signed on to using the Diva Cup. True! It's way better than using pads or 'pons and way better for the environment. The first 2 months I used it I was away camping and I found it to be perfect as I didn't have to worry about leaks or anything. Life was easy-peasy and I couldn't belive that I hadn't used it sooner. Now I'm on my third month and I've actually experienced leakage...not much, but I definitely have to use panty liners. Too much information? Too bad! But leaks and all, I still have to recommend the Diva Cup. There's an initial investment, but it's way cheaper than buying pricey pads & tampons every few months, since it lasts for years. I'm not going to wear the silly pin that came with my menstrual cup, but I'll declare my love in a public forum! Whoooo!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I purchased the Diva Cup about 3 years ago and tried it out a few times. I have to say I was not a fan of it.

It was too difficult to insert and much harder to remove, especially standing in a stall at work.

It's just not convenient to use in your day-to-day outings unless you are home all day and can wash up afterwards.

Since I gave up on the "cup", I've been using organic tampons (with no applicator) and I really like them. I throw them in the food compost bin and they are recycled into compost for the garden.

The spillage, leakage and clean up is minimal.

8:53 PM  
Blogger kickpleat said...

joanne, i agree that it is a bit tricky to insert but i think i'm pretty much over the learning curve. although i do work at home, i still find that i only need to insert/remove it twice a day: once in the morning and once before bed, so there is no need for me to remove it during the day at a public restroom (or wherever). i too used organic unbleached tampons (no applicator) and i liked those, but i just wanted something i didn't have to worry about every few hours. that is pretty amazing that you can compost them!! awesome!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm maybe I'll have to try them again. I gave it a whirl and did not like them either. But maybe they've changed them a bit from before??? Worth a try.. I'll let you know! LOL

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home